Sunday, November 20, 2011

Special assignment




1. Why did you miss the metaphor in Tom Johnson's post, or, if you "hit the nail on the head", why do you think you understood the metaphor and why do you think that others in the class missed the metaphor?
 I think that with my assignment I think to hard about what the correct answer is. I was not expecting to have a metaphor. I just took it as it was. I think my classmates did the same thing and just thought to hard  on the assignment. Now that I have read into it I hope that next time I will be able to catch it. 
2. What metaphors have you encountered since I asked you to create a log of them?
The only metaphor that I remember is Mr Winkle Wakes. 
3. What other things can we do as educators to help our students to understand and to use metaphors?

As an educator we can help our students by going over metaphors and try to use examples to help the students realize what they are. 
4. Why do we use metaphors?
I think that people use metaphors as a thinking strategy. The only thing with this is some people may not understand it like me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment