Sunday, October 16, 2011

Blog post #8

The World and Technology






Richard Miller
Part one:
       This video goes over how books and information are now not only on paper, but online as well. Miller states that he was raised on books and dreamed of his job involving books. He shows many different types of information can be found online. He states how he was able to do a project all online. I personally do think that it is great that the texts we can find online are great. Many things in paper or any documents can be damaged. With it being online you are able to access it from anywhere. Many things are now found on both. This is great for people who lose things. Time has changed and now even with typing something a video may be added to the document. He gives many examples to walk through the changes.
Part two:
        Miller shows in this video how we may bring documents and conversations recorded into one "movie." He shows the things technology has available such as "iMovie" to make this possible. Collaborating things such as pictures and conversation can be a way to show better examples and keep the audience interested. Miller shows how YouTube is such a broad way to "get something out there." He states that within a few days a lecture they posted had over 9000 views! He says something that I found very true. He stated that videos posted on YouTube, pushes ideas. Until he stated that I had never realized how true that is. Millions of people watch YouTube. Many videos are posted from several different categories and it is a great way to get things out there.
Am I ready?
        As technology has changed, the way of learning has changed and will continue to change. When I first started EDM310, I was intimidated from the fact of having to use so much technology. The further we get into the term, I slowly change my mind more and more. So much can be done on the computer and online. Using multimedia in my opinion is a great way to learn. I believe by the time I become a teacher this will be even more common. My students will most likely learn from things like the things in the videos. Although they will be first graders and may not be making documents online, I do plan on using things such as videos and documents on the web in my classroom.


Carly Pugh's Blog post
       This has been the most inspiring assignment I have had yet! I enjoyed reading what her assignment was and it really was something I could see Dr. Strange assigning. The video was very inspiring to me and it made me think about the work I have done this semester. Her video relates to Millers hopes in many ways. She used pictures of different things related to her questions to get her point across. The video was defiantly touching and made me think of how I look at life. This had a message with it and like Miller wanted, with the multimedia she presented, it made me ask myself... How do I view life? 


The chipper Series and EDM310 for dummies

1 comment:

  1. Brittany,

    I am glad you found Mr. Miller's video and Carly Pugh's blog post enlightening and found ways to use their ideas in your classroom. However, you have failed to complete the entire blog post assignment! I hope you can get it done soon!

    ReplyDelete