Sunday, October 2, 2011

Blog post #6




The Networked Student

Wendy Drexler made great points in her video. I found it very interesting. The more we get into this class; I see the benefits of blogging. With using the drawings, it made it more clearly for me to understand what was being explained. When I first began this class, I saw blogging and thing like that as something unnecessary. I have found that if you know what to look for, the more you become interested. It is not so overwhelming if you learn bit by bit.

 I see this video very informing. By using the networking, students may find it easier to find out information. In a way I think students may be motivated to do their work. Being able to view other classmates’ blog may give some students ideas.
 Although this is done online, a teacher is still needed. Students need to be given guide lines on what to do and when to have it done by. The most important reason for needing a teacher is for guidance. The students must know how to use what they have in order to find out the information. Students must also know how to find the correct information. When it comes to this, teachers can be very important. If this is brought in with my students, I do think I would have to prepare myself. This class alone is overwhelming. I would do the research necessary in order to be ready to help educate my students.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brittany thanks for your comment and participating in our survey,
    The survey stemmed from learning about the Rugby World Cup 2011, the countries involved and the flags from those countries. In New Zealand we have our traditional flag, a Maori flag and we also have the silver fern as a national symbol originally used by the All Blacks and now used by sport teams. We are really proud of the silver fern! The children in Room 3 couldn't decide if they liked the traditional flag or the silver fern so we decided to ask a wider audience. We are posting our writing and the results today.
    From Lynne Laburn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany,
    Did you miss the second part of the assignment, on "A 7th Grader's PLE"? Your point that "I think students may be motivated to do their work" is further reinforced in the second video of the assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brittany,
    I agree with you when you say that blogs can become interesting if you really dig deep for the ones that you may actually enjoy. I have read some that just bored my face off, but some of the blogs out there actually have some pretty useful information! The only problem I said with The Networked Student is, "What if the student does not have internet access at home?" I think this could cause a major problem with a student's PLN.

    All in all, you did a good job. Just make sure you proofread your posts from now on for grammatical errors!

    ReplyDelete