Sunday, December 4, 2011

Blog post #14 (correction for blog post #12)


I think a good assignment for the beginning of the term would be for the students to visit Teachers Views on Technology. On this page of the New York Times, teachers were ask to submit videos of ways they use technology in the classroom. I think that this would be a great way for college students to see how teachers use technology. It is varieous videos by different teachers rather than just one teachers opinion. Ask the students to explore the videos and write a brief summary for one video. Include a link to each video. The videos are from high school students using technology. Explain what grade you are going to teach and in what way you could do this.


     In this video, high school students were using iPads. The class was a combined class with History and English combined. The i Pads were used for the students to read Upton Sinclair's THE JUNGLE. The students are to annotate as they read the book. Katy, a teacher in the school says that she use to be concerned of using the iPad and how everything would go. She learned that her and the students can learn together she does not have to know everything. The children state their opinions on using the iPad. They feel it is Eco-friendly and helps with organizing. The high school that is in my town are actually using Mac computers for the same use. I feel this is a great way to learn and motivates the children. I will be teaching the first grade when I get out of school and I hope to have at least one iPad in my class room. I hope to have it in a center for the children to explore with. That is if there is not a different kind of i Pad out by then. I will download apps that are fun and help the children learn. Hope fully I can switch the ipad in each center every week. I will have appropriate apps for each center. For example, I will have books downloaded for their grade level in the reading center. In my opinion this is a great way to learn and I cannot wait to use technology in my classroom. 

1 comment:

  1. Brittany,

    That is a great website and I like your idea for a blog post Dr. Strange could incorporate into the class. Good research!

    ReplyDelete